The Dangers of Water Damage
Any property can endure water damage, no matter the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. The experts from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. Call the professionals immediately to decrease your home’s water damage. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and repair the problem. However, you can avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage
We all have an appliance we rely on. But if your appliance is broken, it usually causes more harm than good. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, most of these appliances can flood and cause significant issues. The experts from Paul Davis can mend any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. Paul Davis can repair water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are a few precautionary actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary actions to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (352) 533-4636. We’ve been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Trust us to take care of you.