Water Damage Can Happen Anytime
With a large home to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the experts as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis experts will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage they discover in your home. But there are precautionary steps that any homeowner can take to avoid expensive water damage repairs. All homeowners need to know how to check for water damage in your home.
How Water Damage Happens
What’s the best way to beat water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage. This means taking the time to inspect home appliances that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here’s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
There’s nothing as frustrating as discovering water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. You can stop this from happening. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can bring serious damages to your home. Call Paul! at (352) 533-4636 if you need water damage restoration services. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as possible. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to tackle any water emergency you have for us.