Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that grows in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It is nearly impossible for you to prevent mold entering your home. You should be worried when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the strain of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can devise the best way for treatment then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home on top of major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it grows in, meaning the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist in helping make your home healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous surfaces such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold temperatures, this mold is pink or coral in color and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.