Damage Severe Weather Can Cause
Property damage caused by severe storms can be devastating to your home or store, and repairing it can be complicated. To get repairs done correctly, you need a storm damage repair service that focuses on returning your property back to pre-storm conditions. We are the experts you need.
Once the danger has passed, it’s vital to examine the damage and plan for remediation. Below, read more about the damage different kinds of storms can cause and how you can protect your property in different scenarios.
Storm Damage Insurance
The most severe damage from the majority of storms is covered by property insurance, but the specifics change. Your financial responsibility depends on your insurer and your policy, the structure, the amount of damage, the value of surrounding property and much more.
Most severe storm damage events are considered acts of God, and that means that your insurance company can’t single you out. That said, waiting too long to file can make you ineligible for coverage, and neighborhood rates go up anyway following severe storms. Always always file claims as quickly as possible.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Water Damage: Flood water can get into your building’s foundation, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular wind storms can completely destroy, such as catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can harm structures, destroy glass, damage landscaping and electricity hookups and more.
- Hail Storm Aftermath: Severe hail can damage siding and shingles, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause collapsed roofs, break branches and power poles, and more.
Seek Out a Professional Storm Repair Team
If your property has damage from a storm, act without delay. Choose a professional that is fully licensed and insured, and that knows your area. Get in touch today to schedule a consultation.