Repairing Fire Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and your walls can be damaged by soot. A fire can have deep-rooted, devastating both to your house and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Your house can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- To fan out smoke, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your house had recent fire damage? Reach out to to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.