Repair Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions, while walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are here to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Your house can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- To suck out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke remediation services. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.